In our family we love apples and this seasons is just perfect for apple baking and drinks. I came across these receipts and had to share them with you as I can't wait myself to try them. And although I haven't drunk vodka for ages, I might get persuaded to this one.
APLLE SPICE COCKTAILS:
- 18 ounces apple juice
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 6 star anise pods
- 18 ounces of Vodka
- 6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon
- 12 oz. bottle of sparking water (optional)
- apple slices, for garnish
- In a small saucepan simmer the apple juice with the cinnamon sticks and star anise. When it barely comes to a boil, remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes, then chill for a couple of hours (or overnight).
- When your'e ready to start making cocktails, remove the cinnamon sticks and star anise and set aside for garnish.
- In a cocktail shaker, shake the spiced apple juice, vodka, lemon, and ice together (work in batches if you need to).
- Pour into glasses, add a splash of sparking water, and garnish with apple slices, cinnamon sticks and star anise pods.
Apples, brown sugar and cinnamon get softened in a pan with butter, and an egg mixture gets poured on top. The thin egg layer and pillowy apples create more of a custard-like texture than a traditional doughy pancake.
Bake until it puffs up and serve hot slices right out of the pan.
- 2 tablespoons butter (or vegan earth balance)
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 2 tablespoons flour (any kind, I had spelt)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Whisk together eggs and milk.
- Mix together flour and baking powder and stir it into the egg/milk mixture.
- In a skillet, heat butter, add the apple slices and 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar mixture and cook, stirring, until soft. About 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter over the apples and sprinkle the remaining brown sugar on top.
- Bake until it puffs up, about 18-20 minutes.
- Dust with a little powdered sugar
Photos & receipts from here.